Privately owned childcare franchisees are challenged while generating growth. The owner/operator have limited time to handle the often-complicated payroll process that accompanies a large number of hourly employees.
- Apply Web-based payroll system to decrease time required of management to produce accurate and timely payrolls
- Process and pay a large volume of employee garnishments and levies alleviating fines and penalties previously paid by the company
- Alleviate fines associated with untimely payroll payments and filings
Privately owned metal fabricators often face pressure from larger firms in their area for talented hourly employees. The larger companies more effectively communicate the value of their benefit plans and conduct regular benefits enrollments.
- Conduct employee communication meetings on quarterly basis emphasizing value of compensation as take home pay plus benefits
- Offer a wide array of pre-tax benefits and premium savings to all employees
- Reduce turnover
Human Resources Challenge
Internal sales organizations experience high rates of turnover during their growth. These organizations are often unable to spend the time necessary to install proper hiring controls and effectively communicate and monitor employee practices following new hires.
Human Resources Solution:
- Complete effective Internet job listings and post on behalf of client
- Draft behavioral interviewing programs for all open and new positions
- Identify difficult employees and work to improve employee performance or terminate if necessary
- Draft policies to maintain compliance and positive working environment to manage employment-side of expanded operations
- Create and distribute new employee handbooks to educate staff and promote teamwork
Workers’ Compensation Challenge
Large middle market artisan contractors face many internal difficulties during growth. These companies generally have difficulty finding administrative talent to handle workers’ compensation and employee related challenges that are the result of a growing workforce. This can lead to high workers’ compensation claims and a lack of attention to employment-related HR issues including risk management.
Workers’ Compensation Solution:
- Implement a formal safety program to quickly reduce loss ratio
- Practice monthly telephonic claim reviews with client accompanied by quarterly on-site reviews
- Schedule regular and ongoing support including issue reviews and on-site visits to address issues on timely basis
- Conduct on-site loss prevention to minimize workers’ compensation claims